Company Overview and Values:
Shadin Avionics is a leader for innovative avionics systems. Shadin promotes a culture that engages employees and offers a fun and flexible work environment.
Shadin's purpose is to create freedom and confidence through simplicity.
- Integrity - We are open, honest, direct, respectful and ethical in all of our dealings
- Accountability - We do what we say we will do. We take ownership of and are committed to achieving results
- Teamwork - We collaborate through effective communication, relying on each person's contribution to achieve results
- Simplicity - We simplify the complex. We look beyond limitations
Shadin is seeking a hands-on, energetic and experienced Lead Software Engineer. Key aspects of the position are to work in a product development environment of avionics hardware and software. This position leads software development and verification/validation efforts of real-time embedded software used in the aircraft avionic systems.
- Real-time, embedded, micro-controller software/firmware development for avionic systems in C and assembly
- Software development in accordance with DO-178C planning, requirements traceability, coding standards, and verification procedures
- Utilize Continuous Improvement / Lean, DOORS, and other tools as need to meet program milestones
- Participate in the planning and strategic development of new products and enabling software capabilities
- Lead and participate in software architecture definition, proposal development and requirements generation from high level specifications to detailed derived requirements
- Support and update legacy equipment as needed with software and documentation revisions and enhancements
- Support the development of documentation necessary for FAA certification and new product release
- MS or BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or 5 years related field experience with avionic hardware design and development
- Experience with aircraft systems, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RTCA DO-178B / DO-254, DOORS, MIL-STD-461 / MIL-STD-810 / DO-160 is strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team with other departments to collectively meet the organization’s and customer’s needs
- Experience in electronic hardware manufacturing and test
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability and interest to move into a supervisory role
No phone calls, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Shadin reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume using the contact human resources form. Use "Lead Software Engineer" in the position applied for line.
We thank you in advance for your interest and will make the utmost effort to be in contact with you as soon as possible.