Company Overview and Values:
Shadin Avionics is a leader for innovative avionics systems. Shadin promotes a culture that engages employees and offers a fun and flexible work environment.
Shadin's purpose is to create freedom and confidence through simplicity.
- Integrity - We are open, honest, direct, respectful and ethical in all of our dealings
- Accountability - We do what we say we will do. We take ownership of and are committed to achieving results
- Teamwork - We collaborate through effective communication, relying on each person's contribution to achieve results
- Simplicity - We simplify the complex. We look beyond limitations
Shadin is seeking a hands-on, energetic and experienced Aerospace Program Manager reporting within the Engineering organization. Key aspects of the position are to work in a product development environment of avionics hardware and software. This includes the oversight of a product development team, customer communications, status reporting and assisting in documentation generation for certification of new products and product derivatives.
- Participation in proposal efforts, deriving technical solutions, communicating and documenting the technical approach for the proposal and submitting cost and schedule estimates for product upgrades, improvements or development
- Develop conceptual architecture and circuitry for new products utilizing existing product modules and circuitry
- Creating derived system requirements, display, monitoring and built-in-test functions for implementation in hardware and software. Utilize DOORS, and other tools as need to meet program milestones
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers as the primary technical interface
- Assist in the creation, execution, and tracking of project schedules and customer deliverables
- Provide engineering expertise in the maintenance and support of legacy products
- Hands-on product testing and oversight, production test requirements definition and documentation
- Support the development of documentation necessary for FAA certification and new product release
- MS or BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or 5 years related field experience with avionic program management or project leadership
- Experience with aircraft systems, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RTCA DO-178C / DO-254, DOORS, MIL-STD-461 / MIL-STD-810 / DO-160 is strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team with other departments to collectively meet the organization’s and customer’s needs
- Experience in avionics development and test processes
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously
No phone calls, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Shadin reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume using the contact human resources form. Use "Aerospace Program Manager" in the position applied for line.
We thank you in advance for your interest and will make the utmost effort to be in contact with you as soon as possible.